1. I learned to ride a motorcycle (mini-bike) when I was 4 years old and was never without a bike to ride, until the last semester of my Senior year, when I traded my 1975 Mach III Kawasaki for a 1970 Roadrunner. The car was fast, but the bike was crazy fast!
2. While riding my Trail 70 Honda in Arapaho, I was hit by a car. I was in the 4th grade.
3. From year 13 to 14, I made my spending money working for a fur buyer… I skinned opossums, raccoons, beavers, coyotes and bobcats. I quit when my friends began telling me I smelled like the animals I was skinning!
4. I played some mean foosball… can still hit it pretty good!
5. I graduated High School… to most this isn’t anything out of the ordinary, but most who knew me back in the day doubted I would.
6. A lot of people say my wife looks like Sandra Bullock… I think Sandra Bullock looks like my wife! Love you honey!
7. I have built my homes with my own hands.
8. Before becoming a pastor I worked in construction, as a commercial roofer, and on jet engine parts at Tinker Air Force Base. I still miss Tinker… loved being around the airplanes… nothing like watching a detachment of F-14’s ignite the afterburners and go vertical just as the sun is coming up.
9. I am over half way to earning my private pilot certification.
10. Brenda and I have 2 children and almost 4 grandchildren; Tish and her husband Scott, who have two children and one with Jesus, and Shane and his wife Ashley, who have one on the way.
11. I love my wife, my kids and my grandkids.
12. I’m thinking I don’t know myself very well… this is difficult!
13. If given the opportunity, I will eat Mexican food 11 times out of 10.
14. Is there a restaurant other than Chili’s?????
15. I hope to gather a couple of partners and buy an airplane.
16. I am amazed that God would give His Son for me… while I was yet a sinner!
17. If broccoli grew on a tree, it would have been on the forbidden tree in the Garden of Eden (I don't think it was intended to be eaten).
18. I get to work everyday with some great guys and gals. Thanks gang!
19. Salsa is a beverage.
20. Other than home with Brenda, my favorite places to be are… anywhere with my kids and grandkids; a beach with white sand and clear salt water; at our place on Lake Eufaula; in the cockpit of an airplane.
21. 50 pounds and 25 years ago, I could dunk a basketball… yeah, the white boy could jump a little!
22. I miss the days when our children were small and we lived in Paden, OK. Times were difficult, we always had more bills than money but… life was fun.
23. I dream of FBC Woodward really reaching the world from Woodward, OK.
24. I try to do something everyday that I haven’t done before. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
25. Whew!!! Last but not least… I look forward to Brenda watching me grow old.
This Aging Thing
2 years ago